All entries tagged mcu.
You can subscribe to an RSS feed of this list.
We finally return to the MCU films, a full two years after the last film was released! Breaking a decade-long tradition, I am unable to watch it in theaters this time (and probably won’t get to watch any of the others this year in theaters either), but at least we are moving forward now, onto the next phase! Spoiler-free review first, then spoilery bits follow afterwards. incredibly good as an action movie, great fight sequences and set pieces and chases etc.
First, the spoiler-free review, then more spoilery stuff afterwards. I watched Far From Home while I was… far from home. great movie, lots of fun, and the stakes are a lot higher than the Vulture just stealing some tech off Tony Stark basically a story of Peter Parker the high school student trying to juggle his Spider-Man problems with his high school life, which was one of the best eras of comic book Spider-Man the movie gives us a look at what the world looks like post-Endgame and how weird it is for everyone if you’ve seen the trailers, you know who the “villain” is and you have certain expectations coming in.
- I watched Far From Home while I was… far from home.- great movie, lots of fun, and the stakes are a lot higher than the Vulture just stealing some tech off Tony Stark- basically a story of Peter Parker the high school student trying to juggle his Spider-Man problems with his high school life, which was one of the best eras of comic book Spider-Man- the movie gives us a look at what the world looks like post-Endgame and how weird it is for everyone- if you’ve seen the trailers, you know who the “villain” is and you have certain expectations coming in.
Two endgames to discuss in one post! MTG War of the Spark and Avengers Endgame spoilers ahoy! Endgame #1: War of the Spark (Click to view full-size) 27 Apr 2019 5:56amClose The latest Magic set has been a home run in terms of lore and flavor and storytelling, bringing the last three years worth of MTG lore to its conclusion as the villainous dragon planeswalker Nicol Bolas aims to complete his plan to achieve omnipotence over the multiverse.
movie was pretty good, no major issues doesnt follow the typical MCU origin story ‘formula’ some weird pacing issues in a few places, but that just might be because of the chosen story direction lots of little call-outs and tie-ins to the other MCU movies (although I feel like they could have done a bit more in some spots) I am not a cat person. But if you are a cat person, you might like this: there is a cat.
Ant-Man and the Wasp Spoiler Free Review!
- this movie is great; it’s fun and and action-packed and there’s even more Luis than you thought you wanted; go watch it
- it’s like the first movie, except better and more fun
- best new character: FBI Agent Jimmy Woo played by Randall Park (sorry Michelle Pfeifer)
- there are two mid/post-credit scenes. One of them is better than the other
- I watched in Imax. Some scenes were nice, but it’s probably more of a nice-to-have
- Magugustuhan ba ni Mama: Pwede, but kelangan ng kasama to explain things. Baka ok lang pag tagalized na sa tv
Avengers Infinity War Spoiler Free Review:
- I’m amazed that so little of this movie has been widely spoiled
- movie was fantastic. the movie somehow managed to do everything it needed to do while not doing disservice to any of the bazillion characters involved.
- the plot moves quickly. there is no good time to pee.
- there is one post-credits scene.
- very happy to have watched in imax
BLACK PANTHER spoiler-free review!
- it’s a fun, action-filled romp and Wakanda is amazing
- tchalla was ok, killmonger and nakia were great, shuri was badass
- some of the actions scenes didnt seem too well-shot/edited, making them hard to follow
- I realize I’m saying this about a universe where there are talking raccoons and magic hammers, but some of the Wakandan tech push the boundaries of my suspension of disbelief
- my expectations were probably set a bit too high what with some people saying it’s the best MCU movie since Iron Man or calling it revolutionary or eye-opening
- off the top of my head I’d say I consider Civil War, Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnarok better than this one
- I understand that it’s revolutionary in the sense that it’s a major hollowood motion picture filled with a cast of mostly african descent and that some of the characters are motivated by real world racial issues. But the plot itself was typical for an MCU first movie (maybe I’ve seen too many MCU movies? lol). I dont think it presents the issues it covers under any new or revolutionary context. I guess I kind of went in hoping to be impressed on the level of The Dark Knight or such, but I was disappointed in that regard. It’s a very straightforward movie
- I didn’t watch in Imax, which I kind of regret, as I can imagine some of the scenes being pretty good
- Magugustuhan ba ni Mama: Possibly, pero baka mahirapan sya intindihin accent ni Chadwick Boseman
- There’s a mid-credits scene and a post-credits scene